Everyone on your team who has been issued a company card will automatically be able to view and share it. Team members can also be given permission to edit a company-issued card from within their individual account. Only the account owner and admins can enable or disable editing for other team members.
This article will explain how to completely disable editing for a particular user. If the card they have been issued was created using a template, you can follow a more nuanced approach to editing permissions. For example, on a template, you can choose to allow users to edit their own name and job title, but disable the ability to edit the company name or branding. You can learn more about templates here:
When you restrict editing permissions, only the account owner and admins can update cards. This gives you more control over the content that is included on your company cards and allows you to ensure that every card meets your company’s branding standards.
Allowing individual users to edit their own cards will take the pressure off of your account admins because they will not need to spend their time and resources updating cards.
To enable or disable editing for a member of your team:
- Log into the HiHello Web App
- Select your organization profile
- Click the Cards icon on the left side of your screen to go to your Cards page:
- Select the card that needs to be adjusted
- On the right, you’ll see the team members who have claimed this card:
- To change a team member’s editing permission, open the dropdown menu to the right of their name and email address
- If you select Editor, the team member will have permission to edit the card. If the card was created with a template, this will only allow them to edit fields that have been marked as editable by an account admin.
- If you select Sharer, the team member will have permission to view and share the card, but not edit it.