The HiHello mobile app is designed to work best with a connection to Wifi or your mobile data network. Some features will still work normally while you are offline while others may not be available.
Available Features Offline
If you logged into the HiHello app before going offline, you should still be able to:
- View your cards
- View your QR code
- Share your card from the HiHello Widget
- Share your card from Apple Wallet
However, without a network connection, you will NOT be able to:
- Log in
- Add a new card
- Edit your cards
- Duplicate a card
- Transfer a card
- Test how others experience your card
- Scan a paper business card
- Email your card through the HiHello app
Sharing Your HiHello Card Offline
Although some features in the HiHello app will not be available offline, there are still ways for you to share your card and make connections as long as you were logged into the app when you went offline.
- Depending on your phone's operating system, you may be able to text your card through the HiHello app.
- The text will not send without a network connection, but some phones will add the unsent text message to your messaging app so that you can send it easily when you have a network connection again.
- You can share your QR code from the HiHello mobile app, a widget, or Apple Wallet while you are offline.
- If the person who receives your card is also offline, they will not be able to view your HiHello card immediately, but depending on their device, they may be able to save the URL and view your card later.
- Ask your new connection to take a photo of your QR code rather than scanning it.
- Many modern phones allow users to scan a QR code from their own screen or photo gallery, so they can go back to the photo when they have a network connection and scan your QR code to view your card.
- You can make a quick note of your new contact's email address or phone number and send your HiiHello card as soon as you have a network connection again.
- When you email or text your card from within the HiHello app, you can add a note to remind them of who you are and how you met.